Make an Easy Dresden Quilt Set
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Make an Easy Dresden Quilt Set
Gifted by Simplicity
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
At turns reminiscent of flowers and fans, the traditional wedge-like design of a Dresden plate is timeless. This classic quilt block is an easy way to empty your scrap stash and showcase your diverse fabric collection. Novices and advanced sewists can master this iconic pattern with the Make an Easy Dresden Quilt Set from Simplicity. This set includes a quilting template, bamboo pointer creaser, and full pattern.
The Make a Quilt Series is intended to introduce curious sewists to traditional quilt blocks like Log Cabin, Flying Geese, Cathedral Windows, and, of course, Dresden Plate. Although the Dresden plate is typically considered an intermediate pattern, this set makes this pattern accessible to beginners. Titled "Sunday Best," this design measures 54 by 71 inches. Darlene Zimmerman is the creative mind behind this project.
Zimmerman has penned eight quilting books including Quick Quilted Miniatures, Granny Quilts, and Fat Quarter Small Quilts. A frequent contributor to quilting magazines as well as the TV program Sew Creative, Zimmerman lectures and teaches across the country. Zimmerman's style is best described as vintage, most likely due to her passion for textile history. She has developed a line of 1930s reproduction fabrics that would look great as part of the Sunday Best quilt.
Although the Make an Easy Dresden Quilt Set comes with a clear acrylic ruler, combination pointer and creaser tool, and step-by-step pattern, you'll need a few more supplies to complete this project. Sunday Best calls for white, blue, and print fabric as well as backing, batting, a sheet of template plastic, and bias binding. The good news is that if you're even a casual quilter, you probably have most of these materials on hand. Feel free to play with the color palette and prints as well to create a design that is uniquely you.
BONUS! Enter to win a Make an Easy Dresden Quilt Set here. Contest ends 6/7/15.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Pat Sloan Starter Thread Kit from Aurifil
- Chance to win the Ocean Waves Quilt Kit!
- Chance to win the Orange Blossom Quilt Block Pattern!
- Make Your Bed: Quilted Bed Runners, Pillows, and More to Suit Your Style
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Soho Solids Fabric from Timeless Treasures
- Chance to win the Dandi Annie Fabric Collection!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Quilting with Precuts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- The Perfect Log Cabin Quilt Block Tutorial
- How To Sew Quilted Potholder Tutorial Pattern
- Solar System Mug Rug
- Old Glory Quilt Pattern
- Beginner Baby Cheater Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns