Kaleidoscope Paper Piecing by Nancy Mahoney
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Kaleidoscope Paper Piecing: 10 Dynamic Quilt Designs
By Nancy Mahoney
Gifted by Martingale
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
If you adore geometric patterns, optical illusions, and loads of color, then you'll love Kaleidoscope Paper Piecing: 10 Dynamic Quilt Designs by Nancy Mahoney. This book of paper piecing patterns includes 10 unique blocks that are symmetrical on four different lines, which divide each block into eight mirrored segments. Each block also has a layout, color combination, and border suggestion designed to complement the shape and feel of that particular block. The quilt patterns in this book will inspire you to make your own kaleidoscope quilts!
Most of us remember playing with kaleidoscopes as children, twisting the multifaceted lens to see what color combinations and illusions we could create. Making a kaleidoscope quilt gives you the same enjoyment as an adult. With the patterns and ideas in Kaleidoscope Paper Piecing, you'll be able to play with colors, shades, and values to create multiple patterns in each quilt top. You'll never get tired of trying out new combinations and arrangements. Mahoney has given you 10 paper pieced kaleidoscope quilt blocks to start with. She begins the book with a simple Shadow Play block that's easy for beginners to create. The patterns at the beginning of the book will help you get used to paper piecing kaleidoscope blocks. The blocks get more complex as you move towards the end of the book, culminating in a Raspberry Truffle block that ends up looking like concentric layering of stars and octagons.
Each pattern in Kaleidoscope Paper Piecing includes paper piecing templates for creating the units that make up each block. These templates are color coded to make it easier to follow the designs given in the book. The patterns for each block also include a materials list for the quilt shown, instructions for creating one block, directions for assembling the quilt, and instructions for creating any borders shown in the sample. The quilt patterns also have suggestions for quilting patterns that will emphasize and complement the kaleidoscope patterns.
Once you try some of the quilt patterns in Kaleidoscope Paper Piecing, you won't be able to get enough of paper pieced kaleidoscope quilts. You'll want to use these block patterns to create your own layouts and designs!
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have you ever realized that making quilt block patterns can be one of the most enjoyable and easy ways to use your old scrappy quilt… Continue reading: "Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt Block"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Nature's Beauty in Applique: Pretty and Practical Projects by Susan Taylor Propst
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Welcome Baby Flannel from Windham Fabrics
- Chance to win the Magical Creatures Fabric Collection!
- Follow-the-Line Quilting Designs: Volume 5 by Mary M. Covey
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cardinal Bird Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Layers of a Quilt Beginner Guide
- Learn the Difference Between Fabric Scissors and Paper Scissors
- Sweet And Simple Squares Baby Quilt
- The Gemstone Quilt
- Loralie Designs
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns