Irish Chain Quilts
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
In Melissa Corry's Irish Chain Quilts, you will be immersed in beautiful and easy to make patterns. Known for their diagonal patterns and use of color, Irish Chain quilts will soon become your new favorite patterns to make. Corry teaches you how to use all kinds of shapes while making quilts, including flowers, triangles, and dots. As you look through the fifteen patterns included in the book, you will be taken by surprise at how many different faces the same type of quilt can take.
If you want to fall in love with quilting, Irish Chain is the perfect place to start. Since the Irish Chain is known for its easy to piece patterns, it is a great way for a novice to really dive into quilting. With so many options for colors and a style that is always pleasing to the eye, anyone can make a gorgeous project. Whether you like the classics or are ready to go contemporary, this book has a section suited to fit your needs: "Twist on Tradition", "Modern Patchwork", "Improvisational Piecing", and "Appliqued Chains" make up the table of contents.
The "Charm Bracelet" pattern on page 44 is my favorite from the book, and it is from the "Improvisational Piecing" section. I really like this pattern because of its mismatched look; when I think of quilting, I think of a perfect pattern that I will, without a doubt, mess up. This quilt, however, has a charming pattern that you still have to piece, but that doesn't need to look perfect. As long as the sizes and colors are balanced, this quilt will look gorgeous no matter what.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Learn how to quilt a gorgeous quilt block pattern that is a stunning mix of antique quilting ideas and modern flair. Unlike some free… Continue reading: "Antique Modern Quilt Block Pattern"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Madhuri Fabric Collection from Riley Blake Designs
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to Win a Fat Quarter of Riley Blake Fab-boo-lous Fabric!
- Extraordinary Log Cabin Quilts
- Quilt Ruler Kit
- Blocks, Borders, Quilts! A Mix-and-Match Workbook for Designing Your Own Quilts
- Celebrate Seuss! Cuddle Quilt Kit
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tropical Trails Quilt
- Floret Quilted Table Topper Pattern
- Free Tree Quilt Block Pattern
- Bright Bits Modern Mini Quilt
- Quilted Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- Winterberry Pinwheel Quilt
- Mr. Chillingsworth Halloween Quilt
- Gorgeous Gift Box Table Runner Pattern
- Cozy Cabins Wall Quilt Pattern
- Quick Halloween Quilt
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns