Hexagons, Diamonds, Triangles and More
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Hexagons, Diamonds, Triangles and More: Skill-Building Techniques for 60-Degree Patchwork
Gifted By: Martingale/That Patchwork Place
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley, Editor for FaveQuilts
Angles: a quilter's best friend, and worst nightmare. Knowing how to cut and quilt geometric shapes, from star quilts to floral hexies, is an absolutely essential quilting skill, but it can be a difficult one to master. In Hexagons, Diamonds, Triangles and More: Skill-Building Techniques for 60-Degree Patchwork Kelly Ashton breaks down the process into simple, easy-to-understand pieces. She acknowledges that "sixty-degree blocks and quilts are not 'instant gratification' projects," but writes that they are well worth the effort. If you have a passion for quilting, mastering 60-degree shapes and patterns is the next step.
Hexagons, Diamonds, Triangles and More opens with a thorough explanation of the various types of 60-degree shapes, from hexagons to tipsy equilateral triangles to kites. Ashton seems to be of the opinion that the best way to conquer a new technique is to thoroughly understand it first, and this book is an excellent resource. Ashton covers everything from the names of the shapes to the tools and techniques you'll need before you even begin cutting and measuring fabric.
Every quilter worth his or her salt ought to have a copy of Hexagons, Diamonds, Triangles and More sitting on the table beside the sewing machine. It's the type of book that will see plenty of use, every time you prepare to make a star quilt or a hexie flower bouquet. If you have any questions or confusion about cutting and quilting 60-degree shapes, this book has the answer. It's an absolute must for any passionate quilter.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have you ever realized that making quilt block patterns can be one of the most enjoyable and easy ways to use your old scrappy quilt… Continue reading: "Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt Block"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Easy Quilts for Beginners and Beyond: 14 Quilt Patterns from Quiltmaker Magazine
- 2014 Laundry Basket Quilts Calendar
- Simple Beginner Quilts from Leisure Arts
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Guidelines4Quilting Ruler Set
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Chance to win Dragonskin Resize-It Templates!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quilt-as-you-go Denim Throw Quilt
- Qayg Denim Quilt Blocks (use Up Your Quilt Binding Scraps Too!)
- Americana Star Placemat Quilt Pattern
- Americana Star Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- Charming Quilted Square Tablecloth Pattern
- American Flag Quilt Block Pattern
- Charming Scrappy Pinwheel Pattern
- Diy Finger Thumb Mitts
- Granny Love Quilt Pattern
- Charming Framed Pinwheel Mini Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns