Graphic Quilts from Everyday Images
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Inspired by the world around her, Heather Scrimsher takes in her surroundings to create gorgeous quilt designs in Graphic Quilts from Everyday Images. In fifteen amazing patterns, Scrimsher shows us how to use our everyday inspirations as creative fuel; by placing the images the quilts are modeled after next to the pattern, we are able to see where she comes from while designing. Chain link fences, church steeples, and stone paths are just a few of the things we see daily that Scrimsher turns into pretty, cozy quilts.
Divided into three sections, "Enlarged Detail", "Blocks and Repeats", and "Lines and Strips", you will easily find what you are looking for. If you want something more abstract and less obvious to what the inspiration is, look in the "Enlarged Detail" section of the book. My personal favorite section, these quilt designs are close-ups of Scrimsher's inspirations, and you cannot tell what the objects may have been by looking straight at the designs. I prefer this because although designs made from martini glasses are pretty and make for a nice quilt, I prefer designs that are more subtle.
My favorite design from the book is on page 13, and is called "Interlinked". In a pink, purple, and grey design, you would never know the inspiration for this project comes from a chain link fence. Scrimsher zoomed in on a single link to recreate in her quilt, and it turned into an art deco print that I want to pin up on my wall.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make your next family picnic or church cookout even more special by following this easy Bandanna Picnic Quilt Tutorial. Forget about… Continue reading: "Bandanna Picnic Quilt Tutorial"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win the Sugar Berry Fabric Collection!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Sugar Sack Quilts
- Slice Fabrique Cordless Fabric Cutter
- Jelly Babies: Adorable Quilts from 2-1/2-inch Strips
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Autumn Spice Ragged Quilt Kit!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cabin Among The Stars
- Mini Flying Geese Foundation Paper Piecing Pattern
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns