GeoCentric Canvas Fabric from Cloud9 Fabrics
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
GeoCentric Canvas Fabrics
By Michelle Engel Bencsko and Gina Pantastico
Gifted by Cloud9 Fabrics
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuitls.com
GeoCentric Canvas from Cloud9 Fabrics is a crisp, modern fabric line that combines bold graphic designs, saturated colors, and touchable organic cotton canvas for a collection of home decor fabrics you'll be eager to use in your next project! My favorite part about this line is that each of the fabrics relies on the simplicity of a one-color background and a geometric cream-colored print. While the colors are vibrant and rich, they are not harsh or fluorescent. The creamy canvas foundation of the fabrics give each color a muted depth that lends itself to sophisticated home decor.
The GeoCentric Canvas line is made up of six gloriously simple prints in basic colors. The spectrum begins with the ZigZag Coral, a pattern that gives the impression of broken, woven zigzags set against a background of a red so light it's almost orange. The second print, Trident Daffodil, is a series of interlocking three-armed symbols surrounded by a sunny yellow background that reminds of you of a good yellow mustard. The third print, a repeat of the ZigZag design, is called Grass, and it's exactly the color of your lawn after a heavy rain. The interwoven zigzags of the print just seem to accentuate the grassy quality of this print.
The next print bears the name "Circles," but in reality the print is a series of woven wavy lines that cross over and under each other to create perfect circles between the intersections. The effect is something like a much more aesthetic chain-link fence. Fittingly, this print comes in Metal, a medium gray, and Turquoise, which is heavily saturated for a color that won't appear too pale. The final fabric echoes the Trident design, but pairs it with a deepy navy, almost black.
Use the sturdy canvas fabrics in the GeoCentric collection to make durable items, like picnic quilts, tote bags, and table runners. The patterns also make attractive pillows or wall-hangings!
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have you ever realized that making quilt block patterns can be one of the most enjoyable and easy ways to use your old scrappy quilt… Continue reading: "Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt Block"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Nature's Beauty in Applique: Pretty and Practical Projects by Susan Taylor Propst
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Welcome Baby Flannel from Windham Fabrics
- Chance to win the Magical Creatures Fabric Collection!
- Follow-the-Line Quilting Designs: Volume 5 by Mary M. Covey
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cardinal Bird Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Layers of a Quilt Beginner Guide
- Learn the Difference Between Fabric Scissors and Paper Scissors
- Sweet And Simple Squares Baby Quilt
- The Gemstone Quilt
- Loralie Designs
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns