Flip Your Way to Fabulous Quilts
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Flip Your Way to Fabulous Quilts
by Donna Lynn Thomas
Gifted by Martingale
Reviewed by Kathryn Wright, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Intricacy is one element in quilting that can take a pattern to the next level, even if the techniques involved are done with subtlety. Donna Lynn Thomas shows true dedication and passion for design when it comes to the patterns included in Flip Your Way to Fabulous Quilts. You'll be getting real expertise on the technique of folding corners, as well as 14 patterns that will help you grow from a beginner to a master folding quilter. The book starts off by introducing the concept of folding corners, as well as some quilting basics that you'll need as the book continues.
What I appreciate about Flip Your Way to Fabulous Quilts is the way in which the book is split. Once you've learned how to apply the concepts introduced in the beginning, you can move onto ""Try Me Quilts", which are patterns that show you some of the more basic ways you can apply the new techniques you've learned to your quilting.
You'll move on from there to "Grow with Me Quilts" that challenge you to apply more complex designs into your folded corner quilting. These patterns break from the traditional look of quilt blocks more than the previous section's, but you won't need to worry about getting lost. The instructions are very thorough and broken down into steps that include both measurements and diagrams.
The final section in this book covers "Master Me Quilts", which are the patterns that add more depth and detail into the quilt designs. Not only will you be making quilt patterns, but you'll also be applying borders and more detailed geometric shapes. If you can make these quilts, you know you've really got a handle on your folded corners!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Make your next family picnic or church cookout even more special by following this easy Bandanna Picnic Quilt Tutorial. Forget about… Continue reading: "Bandanna Picnic Quilt Tutorial"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win the Sugar Berry Fabric Collection!
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Sugar Sack Quilts
- Slice Fabrique Cordless Fabric Cutter
- Jelly Babies: Adorable Quilts from 2-1/2-inch Strips
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Autumn Spice Ragged Quilt Kit!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cabin Among The Stars
- Mini Flying Geese Foundation Paper Piecing Pattern
- To The Nines! ~ A Pretty Block Of The Week Quilt
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends Quilt Pattern
- Give and Take Free Quilt Pattern
- Pinwheel Party Mini Quilt
- Rag Rose Pincushion
- Nine Patch Quilt Block
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns