Fiskars Amplify Shears Set
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Fiskars Amplify Shears Set
Gifted by Fiskars
Reviewed by Kathryn Wright, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Quilters and other crafters alike can all agree that it's impossible to work proficiently without a reliable set of tools. There's no better company to look to in this situation than Fiskars, especially with the release of their new Fiskars Amplify Shears Set. It includes three state of the art shears designed to handle any kind of upcoming project. "Amplify" technology will be a saving grace for any quilter struggling to make perfect cuts in their fabric.
The true quality of each set will be clear as soon as you make your first cut. Every pair of shears in the Amplify collection has been maximized in both comfort and efficiency. The soft touch grip and sculpted loops will support your fingers as you work and provide the perfect amount of both support and control. You'll never run into any cutting mishaps due to the blade's position, as these shears have an adjustable torsion bar that is supported by the floating blade tang, which automatically adjusts the angle of your blade depending on the thickness of your fabric. You won't need to do anything differently; just cut as you always do and be amazed by how user-friendly these shears are. They're really working for you.
Another common concern amongst quilters is the size of their shears. After all, you wouldn't want to use the same scissors you use for snipping thread to cut fabric. Fiskars, as always, is one step ahead, providing not one, but three shears complete with stainless steel blades for smooth cuts, and protective sheaths to help with the upkeep of your equipment. Use the shortest blade, the 6", to make more intricate cuts to your fabric; it's excellent for cutting out paper piecing patterns and applique designs. The slightly longer 8" is a standard size, making it suitable for regular fabric and plenty of other crafty and everyday uses. The largest in the kit, the 10", will save you time on larger bundles of fabric that require lengthy cuts.
Cutting is an essential part of the quilting process, and a good pair of scissors goes a long way. That's why we highly recommend the shears in the Fiskars Amplify collection. They'll make every cut you in your fabric prestine and ready for quilting.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Add a little country charm to your home by putting a spin on the traditional four patch quilt. This Farmhouse Four Patch Quilt… Continue reading: "Farmhouse Four Patch Quilt Tutorial"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Win the Feather and Song Fabric Collection!
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- Chance to win the All Weather Friend Fabric Collection!
- Hexagons, Diamonds, Triangles and More
- Quilting Quickly Best of Fons & Porter
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Animal Parade: Adorable Applique Quilt Patterns for Babies
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Meandering Wisconsin ~ A Picnic Quilt Pattern
- Card Trick Quilt Block
- How To Make A Rag Pillow
- Ohio Star Quilt Block
- Two X Three Quilt Block
- Springtime Quilt Pattern
- Star Cross Quilt Block
- X-quisite Quilt Block
- Wild Flowers Mini Quilt Pattern
- Variable Star Quilt Block
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns