Fiber & Fabric Mania! A Travel Guide
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Fiber & Fabric Mania! A Travel Guide
Gifted by Direction Press
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
If you're the type of quilter that spends her vacations hunting down the best local quilt shops, the Fiber & Fabric Mania! Travel Guide is for you! This book serves as a directory for every needlework shop in the United States, so you can explore the wonderful world of fabric wherever you are!
Fiber & Fabric Mania! A Travel Guide lists the stores that sell materials and supplies for knitting, quilting, needlepoint, crochet, weaving, spinning, cross-stich, and embroidery all across the United States. The guide focuses on local shops, so big box craft stores are not included. This book celebrates the uniqueness of local shops and their singular sensitivity to regional tastes and trends. The focused approach allows you as a crafty traveler to experience the flavor of local crafters wherever you go and also gives you the opportunity to make crafty friends all over the nation.
The Fiber & Fabric Travel Guide is convenient and easy to use, particularly when you are roadtripping, because it is organized by state and by city. At the beginning of each chapter, you will see a map of the state (or several maps of specific regions, for larger or more populous states), which shows major highways and lists all of the cities and towns that have fiber or fabric shops. This makes it easy for you to plan roadtrips geographically around the shops you would most like to visit. Or, if you know you will be driving along a certain highway to reach another destination, you can plan rest stops in towns that have shops you'd like to see. If you know you will be stopping in a particular town, you can then look up that town within the chapter (towns are listed alphabetically), and see if the fiber or fabric shop in that town suits your needs. You can easily identify what kind of needlework a shop sells by the symbol listed next to its name. For example, all shops that would be of interest to quilters are marked with a "Q" symbol. This system can also be helpful for finding shops near your hometown. Flip open the book to your state and run down the list looking for nearby cities or shops that are marked with the symbol for your favorite craft. Each shop listing also includes the address, so you can easily plug the address into a GPS, even if you are already on the road when you decide to visit a shop!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Patchwork Among Friends: From Patterns to Potlucks
- Creative Quilts from Your Crayon Box by Terrie Linn Kygar
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Flip Your Way to Fabulous Quilts
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win Riolis Needlework Kits!
- Jelly Babies: Adorable Quilts from 2-1/2-inch Strips
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- Chance to Win Pro-Stitcher Designer Software!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Basket Quilt Block
- Hourglass Quilt Block
- Fly Home Quilt Pattern
- Classic Nine Patch Quilt Block Pattern
- Free Patchwork Tree Skirt Tutorial
- Christmas Quilt Block
- Easy Quilted Hot Pad
- Quilted Christmas Ornament
- Frank Edmonds
- Handmade With Love Printable Gift Tags
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns