Southport Fabric Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Southport Fabric Collection
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
The Southport Fabric Collection by Fabric Palette from Fabric Editions is amazingly beautiful. Fabric Editions is known for its beautiful designs and patterns, but I am in love with this collection by Fabric Palette.
Southport speaks to me on so many levels; I love the ocean, I love going on vacation and this just reminds me of that. This fabric is just so calming and serene with its shades of blue and cream. Ranging from light blues to dark blues you can really image being at sea and decorating your home with this beautiful fabric.
Calming visions of sea turtles, sand dollars, and sea shells will instantly turn your frazzled mind into a peaceful one. The fabric filled with rope makes me want to take a trip to the beach and take off on a boat while the fabric with the seahorses makes me want to snorkel in the deepest blue seas. This fabric would look amazing as a bed quilt or even some throw pillows at a beach house. What’s great about this collection, as in any other collection, is that you can easily mix and match the designs and it will look spectacular regardless of how you piece it together.
One of my favorite pieces of Southport is the one that combines all the features of each of the fabrics; on it you’ll see starfish, sea shells, coral and compass logos; it also says “by the sea”. I imagine that piece in the center of a quilt surrounded by all the other designs. Pick a day to work on a new project with Southport; you will instantly be teleported to a beautiful place.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Learn how to quilt a gorgeous quilt block pattern that is a stunning mix of antique quilting ideas and modern flair. Unlike some free… Continue reading: "Antique Modern Quilt Block Pattern"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to Win a June Tailor Quilter's Tote
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to Win a Jubilee Cozy Ragged Homespun Quilt Kit!
- Chance to win the Southport Fabric Collection!
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
- Enter to Win Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting!
- Lily Ashbury High Street Jelly Roll
- Civil War Legacies: Quilt Patterns for Reproduction Fabrics
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to make Lavender Bags
- Small Zipper Pouch
- June Tailor Quilter's Tote
- Quilted Decorative Hand Towel Pattern
- Butterfly Free Quilt Pattern
- Last-Minute Quilted Christmas Gift
- Scrappy Quilt Sew Along Pattern
- Witchy Halloween Quilt Pattern
- Cute Summer Quilt Block Pattern
- Scrap Busting Baby Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns