Easy-Cut Quilts with a Modern Twist
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Easy-Cut Quilts with a Modern Twist
Written by Laurel Albright
Gifted By: Landaur Publishing
Reviewed by Mollyhall Seeley, Editor for FaveQuilts
If asked what makes the perfect quilt pattern, what would you say? Some quilters like chevrons; others prefer rail fences; still others like star quilts and dresden designs. Laurel Albright has found a way to marry all these preferences in one book, Easy-Cut Quilts with a Modern Twist by focusing not simply on design, but overall style. This book asks not, "what design does this quilt use?" but, "how does this quilt's design affect its overall aesthetic?" Each of the seven deceptively simple quilts in this book are distinct, beautiful, and, most importantly, constructed from a wide variety of materials, from pre-cuts to scrap fabric.
The absolute best part of Easy-Cut Quilts with a Modern Twist is the variation on each pattern. Every quilt features a "Size Twist," which offers a number of different options for the design so that you can make everything from pillows to placemats to bed quilts and even bed runners. What's more, Laurel also suggests a "Fabric Twist" on each pattern, which shows suggestions for alternate color schemes and palettes. There are seven featured quilts in Easy-Cut Quilts with a Modern Twist, but that number is misleading, as each tutorial features tons of variations and twists to make a new, interesting project.
This book offers patterns for quilters of all skill levels. If you are an expert looking for new ways to play with fabric or design alterations, Albright's little Twists will speak to your creative instinct. If your'e a beginner trying to master the basics, you'll have tons of tips and tricks to get you up to speed (not to mention a window into the wonderful world of quilt variation and color). If you could only purchase one new quilt book this year, Easy-Cut Quilts with a Modern Twist should absolutely be your choice.
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Turn your wall into a piece of art when you make and hang up the Fat Quarter Flagged Quilt Pattern. This quilt pattern really… Continue reading: "Fat Quarter Flagged Quilt Pattern"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Chance to Win a My Mind's Eye Bliss Sparkle 5" Fabric Stacker!
- Easy-Cut Quilts with a Modern Twist
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Chance to win the Orange Blossom Quilt Block Pattern!
- Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
- Enter to Win a Simplicity EZ Ruler Set!
- More William Morris Applique
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Lily Ashbury High Street Jelly Roll
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Charming Pastel Half Square Mini Quilt Pattern
- Temperature Quilt
- Seasonal Weather Quilt Blocks
- Octo Owl Placemat
- How To Make A Minky Baby Blanket
- Free Quilted Slippers Tutorial
- Apple Pie 12-Inch Quilt Block Pattern
- Free Stamped Faux Quilted Heart Pin Cushion Pattern
- Thrift-store Shirt Quilt
- Floral Scrap Fabric Quilt Block For Spring
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns