Creative Quilts from Your Crayon Box by Terrie Linn Kygar
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Creative Quilts from Your Crayon Box
By Terry Linn Kygar
Published by That Patchwork Place
Gifted by Martingale
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
You don't have to be an artist to make beautiful art quilts! In Creative Quilts from Your Crayon Box, Terry Linn Kygar teaches you how making colorful appliques with vibrant depth is as easy as coloring in a coloring book. Her unique Melt-n-Blend coloring technique elevates fusible appliques to works of art!
In Creative Quilts from Your Crayon Box, Kygar presents her method of using crayons to add dimension, color, and shading to her applique quilts. Using melted crayon on hot fabric and blending with a paper napkin allows you to color in your appliques to give them a three-dimensional effect and frees you from the limitations of fabric prints. Kygar is confident than anyone, from children to traditional quilters, can quickly and easily learn this technique. The first half of the book provides a step-by-step tutorial on the technique, as well as a troubleshooting section that describes and solves common problems. Kygar also includes six coloring exercises that will help you to expand your Melt-n-Blend skills and learn how the technique can be used in different ways.
The second half of Creative Quilts from Your Crayon Box includes seven patterns for applique quilts using the Melt-n-Blend technique. Each pattern comes with applique templates for each shape in the quilt, "recipes" for the crayon colors used on each applique, and cutting instructions. The patterns feature pretty, colorful motifs from nature like flowers, birds, butterflies, and fruit. The finished quilts are perfect as pillow covers, table runners, or wall hangings. They are sure to bring a dose of vibrant color into your decor!
In the last few pages of Creative Quilts from Your Crayon Box, Kygar shows off some of the more complicated quilts she has made using the Melt-n-Blend technique. This Quilt Gallery serves as inspiration for adventurous quilters and as a demonstration of the beauty and versatility of the technique!
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Have you ever realized that making quilt block patterns can be one of the most enjoyable and easy ways to use your old scrappy quilt… Continue reading: "Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt Block"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Little House on the Prairie Fabric
- Nature's Beauty in Applique: Pretty and Practical Projects by Susan Taylor Propst
- Chance to win Fabric Traditions Pre-Quilted Fabrics!
- Welcome Baby Flannel from Windham Fabrics
- Chance to win the Magical Creatures Fabric Collection!
- Follow-the-Line Quilting Designs: Volume 5 by Mary M. Covey
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Cardinal Bird Quilt Pattern
- How To Make Half Square Triangles
- Layers of a Quilt Beginner Guide
- Learn the Difference Between Fabric Scissors and Paper Scissors
- Sweet And Simple Squares Baby Quilt
- The Gemstone Quilt
- Loralie Designs
- W. Cushing & Co.
- Harvest Stars Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns