All in a Row: 24 Row-by-Row Quilt Designs
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
All in a Row: 24 Row-by-Row Quilt Designs
Gifted by: Martingale
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
Creating quilts one row at a time is a method that is only increasing in popularity. There are so many merits to this quilt style. Suddenly, you have the flexibility to try a variety of combinations and mix-and-match possibilities!
Find inspiration for this creative quilt technique with All in a Row: 24 Row-by-Row Quilt Designs from Martingale! This Moda All-Stars edition includes twenty-four row designs from twenty-five contributing designers! Allow yourself to be inspired by the variety of row-by-row patterns shared by so many creative minds.
The book is divided into three sections: Classic Patchwork, Well Seasoned, and A Bit of Whimsy. The book also features nine border rows to help tie your designs together.
All in a Row opens with A Bit of Whimsy, which I think is a charming introduction to the book! These patterns include playful designs featuring birds, clothing, little houses, flowers, and more! I love the Wash Day pattern on page 16. It includes adorable patterns for little outfits on a clothesline! The Bird on a Pumpkin Pattern (p. 33) really catches my eye because of the leaf blocks. The fabrics chosen as well as the way the cut fabric lays out is just so beautiful!
Following A Bit of Whimsy is a Gallery of Row Quilts (p. 42). This is a lovely feature that showcases how so many of the rows can be arranged to form truly unique designs! On page 48, two quilts using similar row-by-row patterns are shown in two different colorways. It's amazing what a difference the color choices make! Don't turn away a quilt pattern because you aren't a fan of the colors used in the example. Choosing your own colors can make a world of difference!
Well Seasoned features a variety of rows applicable for holidays and seasonal use. Here you'll find spring quilts, bunnies, snowmen, pumpkins, sand pails, and more. If you need a table runner for Easter or a summery wall hanging for the beach house, this chapter is a great reference! There is one particularly stunning embroidery pattern for Winter Friends (p. 71). Framed by blocks in coordinating colors and classic patterns, the stitched snowman scene is the star of this row.
Last, Classic Patchwork includes some tried-and-true favorites. Flying geese, half triangles, and basket blocks are among some of the common patterns found in this section. Feel free to use these classic rows alongside whimsical and even seasonal ideas for a truly inspiring new row-by-row quilt.
Depending on the place you have in mind for your quilt, you can include as many or as few rows as you'd like. A single row can complete a tablescape, two rows can accent an alcove, and a full quilt serves as the perfect wall hanging or bedspread! Enjoy paging through this collection of charming row-by-row ideas, and let the patterns in this book inspire you to begin your own row-by-row quilt!
Read NextFaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
For a Fabulous Fat Quarter Baby Quilt you won't forget, try this DIY quilting tutorial for a stroller-sized quilt for infants. This… Continue reading: "Fabulous Fat Quarter Baby Quilt"
- FaveQuilts Reviews and Giveaways
- Win a quilting book bundle!
- Blocks, Borders, Quilts! A Mix-and-Match Workbook for Designing Your Own Quilts
- Quilt Books with Leisure Arts
- 2015 Quilt Calendars from Martingale
- Animal Print Cuddle Quilt Kit
- Enter for your chance to win the Dancing Diamonds Gem Bag Pattern!
- Quilt Labels for All Occasions
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- Chance to win the All Weather Friend Fabric Collection!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tropical Trails Quilt
- Floret Quilted Table Topper Pattern
- Free Tree Quilt Block Pattern
- Puzzle Box
- Bright Bits Modern Mini Quilt
- Quilted Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- Winterberry Pinwheel Quilt
- Mr. Chillingsworth Halloween Quilt
- Gorgeous Gift Box Table Runner Pattern
- Cozy Cabins Wall Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns