Insulated Grocery Tote
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
An innovative use of a reflective car shade, this Insulated Grocery Tote will keep your frozen foods chilly on the way home or keep your family picnic cool on the way out. Learn how to quilt a gorgeous bag when you check out this insanely smart project idea. This free bag pattern is the perfect project to start before the summer weather comes out and it is time for picnic weather. Whether you are looking for quilting ideas to give as gifts or want to quilt something for yourself, this free quilted tote pattern is sure to do the trick. Plus, it is much cheaper to make and easier to carry than it is to invest in a cooler.
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size16 inches wide x 19 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 1 yard decorator weight fabric 54" wide
- 1 car shade
- 1-1/2 yard cording, 1" wide
- 2 pieces grosgrain ribbon, 3/8" x 10"
- 22" plastic non-separating zipper
- 2 large safety pins
Read NextFriendship Bag
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Handmade Fabric Christmas Village
- Quilt As You Go Scrappy Christmas Ornament Tutorial
- Fabric Kimekomi Christmas Ornaments
- Merry & Cheer Quilted Christmas Table Runner Pattern
- Winter Trees Quilted Table Runner
- Simple Ornate Celestial Quilt Pattern
- Double Orange Peel Quilt Block (with Denim Background)
- Favorite Fast Four Patch Quilt Pattern For Beginners
- How To Make A Quilt From Start To Finish 8 Easy Steps
- Witch Hat Halloween Table Runner Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns