Insulated Grocery Tote
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
An innovative use of a reflective car shade, this Insulated Grocery Tote will keep your frozen foods chilly on the way home or keep your family picnic cool on the way out. Learn how to quilt a gorgeous bag when you check out this insanely smart project idea. This free bag pattern is the perfect project to start before the summer weather comes out and it is time for picnic weather. Whether you are looking for quilting ideas to give as gifts or want to quilt something for yourself, this free quilted tote pattern is sure to do the trick. Plus, it is much cheaper to make and easier to carry than it is to invest in a cooler.
Project TypeMake a Project
Quilt Size16 inches wide x 19 inches long
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 1 yard decorator weight fabric 54" wide
- 1 car shade
- 1-1/2 yard cording, 1" wide
- 2 pieces grosgrain ribbon, 3/8" x 10"
- 22" plastic non-separating zipper
- 2 large safety pins
Read NextPencil Case Pattern
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
For a Fabulous Fat Quarter Baby Quilt you won't forget, try this DIY quilting tutorial for a stroller-sized quilt for infants. This… Continue reading: "Fabulous Fat Quarter Baby Quilt"
- Pencil Case Pattern
- Verna Tote Bag
- Scrappy Ticker Tape Clutch
- 25 Quilted Bag Patterns You Need to Make
- Vera Bradley Quilted Zipper Bag
- "How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns" eBook
- Friendship Bag
- Jelly Roll Market Bag
- Fast and Fab Fat Quarter Bag
- Fat Quarter Drawstring Bag
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Tropical Trails Quilt
- Floret Quilted Table Topper Pattern
- Free Tree Quilt Block Pattern
- Puzzle Box
- Bright Bits Modern Mini Quilt
- Quilted Pumpkin Placemat Pattern
- Winterberry Pinwheel Quilt
- Mr. Chillingsworth Halloween Quilt
- Gorgeous Gift Box Table Runner Pattern
- Cozy Cabins Wall Quilt Pattern
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns