Publishing free quilt content at FaveQuilts.com is simple. We accept quilt project submissions of any type and publish new content on a daily basis. Learn how to publish your quilt projects, tutorials, videos, and other quilt content at FaveQuilt.com.
Table of Contents
The quilting community at FaveQuilts.com is just getting started, but our sister sites have amazing audiences. In addition to maintaining the website, we contribute to a joint craft blog, www.FaveCraftsBlog.com and publish free quilting newsletters. Once quilt projects are published on the website, we promote them in our newsletter, blog posts, and social media. Quilt projects are always published with a byline and promoted in conjunction with the designer’s name. For example, we tag the author and/or manufacturer when promoting a project on Facebook or Twitter.
If you are a product manufacturer or fabric company: Publishing free quilt projects at FaveQuilts is a great way to promote your products in an active quilting community. There is no charge to participate. You are welcome to submit free projects, tutorials, techniques, or quilting videos. Since FaveQuilts does not require exclusivity, you are welcome to submit free projects that are already published online. Just send us the urls or give us permission to publish from an online collection.
Branded Urls- When publishing manufacturer or fabric company projects, we can “brand” the project urls. For example, here is a branded url for a Red Heart Yarn pattern from our sister site:
http://www.favecrafts.com/Crochet-Afghans/Crochet-Circle-Afghan-from-Red-Heart-Yarn. Your projects will be easily searchable both on our website and on search engines like Google or Yahoo.
Profiles- After publishing your quilt projects, FaveQuilts.com can set up a profile page for your company in the Quilt Companies category. Your published projects will be linked to this page for more information about the company, your products, and places to purchase your products. To create a profile at FaveQuilts,please contact us for more information.
If you are a quilt designer: FaveQuilts.com can help grow your portfolio of publications and actively promote your name, website, blog, and any publications you have authored. In exchange for free quilt content, FaveQuilts.com offers increased recognition and increased traffic. Since FaveQuilts does not require exclusive content, designers can submit projects from a blog archive, items previously published in print to which you retain the rights, or free projects from a website. Just send us the urls!
Designer Profiles - In exchange for two projects, FaveQuilts will set up a profile for you in the Quilt Designers category. Your published projects will link to this profile page and vice-versa, serving as a landing page of your work at FaveQuilts.com. Designer profiles include a biography, a profile picture, and all external links (website, blog, online store, social media). We can also include press PDFs. To set up a designer profile, contact us.
Book Promotion - Publishing 1-2 excerpted projects from your quilting book is a great way to promote your book. For 1 excerpted project, we will credit the book source on the project page (without an external link). For 2 projects, we can set up a Designer Profile for the book author, highlighting the book and where to purchase, complete with external links. Here is an example from our sister site: http://www.favecrafts.com/Craft-Designers/Brigitte-Read
Two projects from the book:
Guest Blog Posts - We welcome any designers, bloggers, or creative business owners to write a guest post on FaveCrafts Blog. Whether or not you become a Featured Designer at FaveQuilts, this blog post is an opportunity to promote yourself! You are welcome to write about your quilt business, your current projects, and anything exciting in the world of quilting. If you are going to be on the radio show, we highly recommend submitting a guest blog post for publication at least 3 days before the radio show.
If you are a quilt enthusiast: Share your quilt knowledge and creative quilt projects with the quilt community at FaveQuilts. If you have enjoyed a variety of free quilt content, give back to the community by sharing a quilting project or tip. Give your quilting feedback, whether positive or negative, on any content at FaveQuilts by commenting. You must register to comment.
- You have two simple options to submit quilt projects to FaveQuilts.com.
1. E-mail Project Urls- The easiest way to submit projects to FaveQuilts is to send us links to projects you've published online or give us permission to re-publish from an online quilt project collection. Submit quilt project links to FaveQuilts.com Customer Service. Original introductions will be greatly appreciated but are not mandatory.
2. E-mail Projects- Submit quilt projects by e-mail to FaveQuilts.com Customer Service. You can attach a Word, PDF, or text document to the e-mail or simply paste the text of the project into the e-mail body. Attach images separately to the e-mail and indicate where they are placed in the project.
- Quilt projects are credited through a byline, so please indicate your preferred byline. Please keep in mind that we cannot place external links in bylines or on craft project pages.
1. For one-time guests, we can link to your blog or website from a post about the guest feature on FaveCrafts Blog.
2. In exchange for two or more craft projects, we can set up a Designer Profile. See more information here.
- Quilt projects at FaveQuilts.com include three sections: Introduction, Materials List, and Instructions. Please provide all three when you submit quilt projects. If you are submitting project links, FaveQuilts editorial can write the original introduction.
1. Introduction (optional): Please provide an original introduction to the project just for FaveQuilts. This prevents any problems of duplicate content with Google. Describe the quilt project in a paragraph.
2. Materials: Please include all materials and tools used in the project.
3. Instructions: Please provide instructions in numbered steps. Indicate where images are placed in the project. We generally include a finished project image at the top of the project page before the materials list. Also, include any diagrams or illustrations if possible.
A member of the editorial team will send you a link for approval after posting. Guest projects are featured in our newsletter, Quilts, Fabric, and More and at our shared blog, www.FaveCraftsBlog.com . We also often feature guest projects in free downloadable eBooks for our readers, which are promoted in a number of ways and are very popular.
Published guests can put a Featured at FaveQuilts button at their blog or website. http://www.favequilts.com/index.php/hct/Link-to-Us
- You can submit at any time!
FaveQuilts.com can embed video craft content on project pages at FaveQuilts. We do not have our own video player. For already published craft videos:
Submit YouTube video links to FaveQuilts.com Customer Service. We can easily grab the embed code from YouTube (as long as you have not disabled this function).
- Submit Embed Code to FaveQuilts.com Customer Service. If you use another type of video player, please provide us with the embed code for the video.
When submitting video content, please provide FaveQuilts with at least an introduction for the video. If the video is project-based, we would also like a materials list and numbered instructions. For product demonstrations, techniques, and other types of craft video content, any text you can provide with the video (video description, highlighted tips, etc.) is greatly appreciated.
Original Video Content
If you are a quilt designer interested in producing original quilt videos for FaveQuilts, FaveQuilts can pay you for your work. FaveQuilts will pay $15 per video less than 3 minutes in length and $25 per video between 3 and 5 minutes in length. Download the FaveQuilts Video Specifications (coming soon). We are currently looking for technique videos, how-to videos, and project videos. If interested, please send 5 ideas for quilt videos to FaveQuilts.com Customer Service. Once we receive your suggestions, we will review and select one or two video topics for you to create initially. Once the initial video(s) are submitted, accepted, and published, you are welcome to submit additional video ideas for editorial review and scheduling.
- One-Day Triangle Quilt Tutorial
- Squares and Rectangles Throw Quilt
- Interlock Modern Quilt Pattern
- Majestic Maple Fox Block
- Simple Autumn Table Runner
- Shine Bright Holiday Tree
- Royal Patchwork Quilt Block Pattern
- Ms. Christmas Mug Rug Patterns
- Zig Zag Path Quilt Block Pattern
- Quick Squares Table Topper
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Making Half Square Triangles (Even If You Know How)
- Bean Bag Chair Tutorial
- 23 Depression Era Quilt Patterns and Projects
- Stitched Typography Quilt Tutorial
- Joyful Noise Holiday Wallhanging
- How to Add Magnetic Snaps
- Posies Quilt
- Scottish Flag Thimble Pattern
- Yankee Puzzle Quilt Block
- Rainbow Lighthouse Block Pattern