Learn how to make fabric coasters for parties, gifts, or everyday use. These 12 Quick Quilted Coaster Tutorials will show you different ways you can combine a few scraps of fabric and batting to create sets of matching homemade drink coasters.
As soon as you make a few of these free quilted coaster patterns, you'll never want to buy coasters again! Making quilted coasters allows you to customize your coasters to fit your decor perfectly, and you can make new coasters for every holiday or season. Coasters also make great small quilt projects because you can make a quilted coaster in under and hour and sew an entire set in just one evening! With these patterns, you can finish a quilt project even if you only have a few hours to sew and no time to go fabric shopping. If you're looking for quick scrap fabric projects, quilted coasters are the way to go since you only need a 5-inch square of fabric or less. Decorate every table in your house with these adorable quilted coasters!
12 Quick Quilted Coaster Tutorials Table of Contents
Piece together scraps of fabric in to make scrappy coasters. These quilted coaster tutorials are a good way to use up fabric scraps that are too small to use in a quilt block or larger project.
- Fair and Square Quilted Coasters (shown) -Use strips of linen to offset the bright patchwork stripe in the center of these modern coasters.
- Instant Gratification Quilted Coasters -Whip up these coasters in less than 30 minutes with a few fabric scraps.
- Square within a Square Coasters - Use modern fabrics and quilt in concentric squares for a minimalist quilted coaster.
Quilted Christmas Coasters
Homemade drink coasters are a charming way to decorate your home for the holidays! Make your own Christmas-themed coasters with these quilted coaster tutorials.
- Fussy Cut Christmas Shopping Coasters (shown) - Cut out a scene from a printed Christmas fabric and frame it in red binding for these coasters.
- Felt Poinsettia Coasters - These stacked applique coasters are just beautiful in red or white.
- Felt Christmas Ornament Coasters - If you love Christmas ornaments, these felt applique coasters are for you!
Quilted coaster tutorials don't get any easier than these applique coaster patterns. The free-form shapes of appliques make these fabric coasters especially pretty.
- Paisley Drink Coaster (shown) - Applique a circle of novelty fabric to a print background to get the busy look in this coaster pattern.
- Pop Flower Quilted Coasters (shown above) - Bold flower appliques against a neutral linen background make these coasters pop!
- Reverse Applique Quilted Coasters - Make these coasters your first reverse applique project and you'll be hooked for good!
Other Techniques for Quilted Coasters
Don't stop with just piecework and applique coasters! These quilted coaster tutorials will teach you how to make fabric coasters using whole cloth quilting, a folded fabric method, and a fused scrap technique.
- X Marks the Spot Quilted Coasters -These incredibly simple coasters involve neither piecework nor applique. Just quilt an X for a clean look.
- Scrap Collage Coasters (shown) -These coasters are the answer for all of your tiniest scraps.
- Four Square Fabric Coaster -Fold fabric in an overlapping pattern and stitch around the edges for a unique quilted coaster.