40+ Free Baby Quilt Patterns
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
As quilters, the first thing we think of when a new baby comes along is what kind of quilt we're going to make for it. Choose an interesting new quilt pattern from this collection of 40+ Free Baby Quilt Patterns! You can't go wrong with these adorable baby quilts. If the expectant mother is still early in the pregnancy or would rather not know the sex of the child, it's best to choose a simple, gender-neutral baby quilt pattern. You can find several understated baby quilt ideas in our Easy Baby Quilt Patterns category. These quilts are quick and easy projects with straightforward patterns that can easily be adapted for any fabric, gender or decor. They'll be warm and cozy gifts for a new mother and baby.
40+ Free Baby Quilt Patterns
Table of Contents
Find more stunning free quilt patterns for babies and more in our massive collection of 900+ Free Quilting Patterns. In this collection you will find log cabin quilts, jelly roll patterns, bed quilts, and more!
If you don't want a gender-specific baby quilt pattern, try one of these neutral designs.
- A Hundred Hugs Baby Quilt - The bright and cheery pinks and greens in this quilt will keep any baby smiling and happy.
- Strip and Flip Quilt - Rainbow quilts are a great way for babies to learn all the colors of the rainbow.
- Beachy Baby Strip Quilt- This nautical quilt is absolutely essential for any day at the beach. The little lighthouses on the fabric are too cute!
- Afternoon Six and a Half Dozen Baby Quilt - We're obsessed with the soothing garden vibe of this baby blanket. Babies love all floral fabrics.
- Magical Flannel Rag Baby Quilt - Baby rag quilts are a great way to incorporate rusticness into your home decor. This quilt is adorably shabby chic.
- Gradient Wildwood Baby Quilt - This gorgeous free quilting pattern uses several shades to made a gorgeous and gradient design.
- Baby Log Cabin Quilt Pattern - Use log cabin quilt patterns to make a bright and beautiful unisex baby quilt.
- Rainbow Star Quilt Tutorial - The triangles in this starry rainbow quilt will make for an exciting weekend sewing project.
- Sunny Crib Quilt - Different patterned and colored fabrics give this quilt wonderful texture and dimension. All mommies will be jealous!
- Striped Chevrons Baby Quilt Tutorial - Chevron is the latest trend in baby decor. This pattern is simultaneously stimulating and relaxing for any child.
- Starry Skies Baby Quilt - If your baby's room has a starry theme, then this quilt will fit right in. Choose bright colors or midnight shades, depending on your preference.
- Emery's Stars Quilt Pattern - Make a star quilt pattern that is surprisingly easy and perfect for baby!
- Baby's Day Out Quilt - This adventerous quilt is going to make all of the other moms jealous of your quilting skills.
- Bright Geometric Baby Quilt - Make this stunning and bright baby quilt pattern for the family that loves some flash.
- Tetris Baby Quilt - Have a throwback Thursday with this baby quilt pattern that resembles the classic arcade game we all love.
- Steps Charm Pack Quilt - Learn how to make a quilt for babies out of a charm pack or some unused fabric.
- Sock Monkey Baby Quilt Pattern - Make a quirky baby quilt pattern by quilting this sock monkey-inspired piece.
- Straight Line Baby Quilt Patterns - With a simple design and easy construction, this bay quilt is a great last-minute shower gift.
- Elephant Parade Baby Quilt Pattern - Make your baby's nursery a circus with baby quilt ideas that feature their favorite circus friends like this wild idea.
- Ombre Baby Quilt Pattern - Combine fat quarters of several shades to make a baby quilt pattern that is as modern as it is easy.
- Citrus Mint Baby Quilt Pattern - Make a citrus and mint baby quilt pattern that combines unique colors for a trendy baby quilt.
See all our unisex baby quilts! Whether you're making this baby quilt as a gift or for your own little one, you can't miss with these stunning baby quilts.
Make something fun and feminine with these baby quilt patterns designed especially for girls.
- Easy Personalized Strip Quilt for Baby - This personalized quilt is a great gift for any newborn baby. Applique is a fun technique to play with.
- Sweet Dreams Baby Quilt - The calm pastel colors in this crib quilt will keep the baby perfectly content.
- Kissy Fish Baby Quilt - You'll love working with small triangles in this light colored baby quilt. Quilting with triangles is too much fun.
- Borders Baby Rag Quilt - The pink and brown color combination in this quilt is uber cute. The square quilt blocks are so easy to assemble, too.
- Classic Pink Hourglass Quilt - Here's another fun triangle quilting project. Piece together four triangles to make a single quilt block. It's that simple.
- Pinkie Promise Baby Quilt - A baby girl will look liminous in this pink and white log cabin quilt. The texture of this quilt is awesome.
- Whirly Gig Twister Quilt - The strip piecing method of this pink and brown quilt is very easy, even if it may look a little tricky.
- Baby Steps Cuddle Quilt - This 36 block quilt teaches you the basics of how to make a border on a baby quilt. It's a wonderful project for a beginner.
- One Color Scrappy Baby Quilt - Get a preppy look with this pink, green, and orange quilt. Your baby will be the cutest on the east coast.
- Cutie Pie Baby Quilt Patterns - Learn how to applique a baby quilt pattern that has so many hearts it says "I love you" all on its own.
- Down Home Chevron Baby Quilt - Make a chevron quilt pattern in pinks and greys in order to create a charming, hip, and country baby quilt!
- Speedy Charm Pack Baby Quilt Pattern - Learn how to quilt a charm pack quilt pattern that is pretty in pastels with this idea.
- Princess Kate Diamond Quilt Pattern - Make a baby quilt pieced for a princess with this stunning, royal pattern.
See all our baby quilts for girls! These adorable baby quilt patterns are perfect for welcoming the prettiest new member of the family!
These baby boy quilts feature geometric patterns and primary colors that look fresh and fun.
- Simply Squares Baby Quilt - Experiment with colors like orange, green, yellow, and blue in this cool geometrical baby quilt.
- Framed Charm Squares Baby Quilt - You'll love the simplicity of this blue and seagreen 36 block quilt.
- All-Star Charm Quilt - Get crazy with patterned and colored fabrics with this easy peasy quilt. Blue and orange look great together in a baby blanket.
- Baby Road Trip Quilt - Snuggle up your baby in the car ride to grandma's with this precious jelly roll pattern.
- All Fives Baby Quilt - This easy 25 block quilt is such a cinch to sew . Choose delicate patterns to create a subtle blanket.
- Off to the Zoo Baby Quilt - Display nature's animals and patterns on this adorable quilt. Your baby will love the interesting design.
- Christopher's Missouri Puzzle Star Quilt - The simplicity of this two-toned quilt is hard to beat. Practice free-motion quilting on top for an added challenge.
- Chevron Cut Chenille Baby Quilt - This blue chevron quilt is perfect from front to back. You'll love how the zig zags look in your baby's crib.
- Baby Bricks Quilt - Blue and brown is another color combo that's unanimously popular in baby decor. Jump on the trend with this basic quilt.
- Sing the Blues Baby Quilt - Make baby quilt patterns in little boy blues for all the little men in your life.
- Trendy Grey Baby Quilt Patterns - Finally! A baby quilt pattern that is trendier than it is cute. If you want to make a peacful and neutral nursery, this quilt pattern will do the trick.
For even more free baby quilt patterns, check out our free printable collection of 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls. Find animal patterns, personalized quilts, and more!
What do you look for in a baby quilt pattern? Style, ease, or durability?
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Peppermint Mocha Chain Quilt
- Charming 4 Patch Slice Quilt
- Ruby and Pink Baby Quilt
- Kite Flight Rainbow Quilt
- Starry Night Paper Pieced Quilt
- Teeny Granny Square Mini Quilt
- Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser
- Adorable Olaf the Snowman Quilt
- Take Our Quick Survey, Win a FREE Prize!
- 20+ English Paper Piecing Tutorial Projects