25 Half-Square Triangles Free Quilting Patterns
By: Kathryn Wright, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
When it comes to versatility and ease in quilting, few things can compare to the usefulness of half-square triangles, which is what inspired us to list 25 Half-Square Triangles Free Quilting Patterns. With a few small pieces, you can design a whole range of easy quilt block patterns and easy quilt patterns. One of the best things about half-square triangle quilt patterns is that they are just as easy as they are stunning. Utilizing a variety of colors and the clean, geometric look of triangles, these half-square triangle quilts can effortlessly become modern quilting patterns or be combined to make more traditional diamond and star quilt patterns. You will not need a ton of fabric to explore these HST triangle quilt patterns, but the results will be absolutely stunning. Quilting does not have to be complicated. Half-square triangles are the perfect types of quilts for new quilters to try out. It is very easy to design quilt blocks or even full quilt patterns with these handy three-sided friends.
If you do not know how to make half-square triangles, we have compiled a list of helpful and easy quilting tutorials to help you get started. Before you scroll down and check out the half-square triangle quilt patterns, free block patterns, and other projects, watch the video below and read up on how to use half-square triangles while quilting. You are going to feel like an expert in no time!
If you are looking for more quilting patterns, check out Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts free eBook!
15 HST Quilt Designs: Half Square Triangle Quilts and Block Patterns
Table of Contents
Learn how to make half-square triangles that you can utilize in all of your half-square triangle quilts and blocks designs in this helpful, quick, and simple free quilting video. Natalie Bonner from Piecenquilt.com shows you a smart quilting hack that shows you how to make half-square triangles quickly.
Before you get started on your newest half square triangle quilts, be sure you brush up on your techniques.
- How to Use a Half Square Triangle Ruler - Make sure any of your half square triangles are accurate.
- Super Easy Half Square Triangles - Grab some scraps and use this tutorial to make your first pieces.
- Eight Square Method for Making Half Square Triangles - If you have a bit more experience, try this half-square triangle instructions.
- How to Chain Piece Half-Sware Triangles - Learn how to chain piece HST pieces while you are quilting.
If you are looking for quilt block patterns, check out our collection Quilt Blocks: Free Quilt Block Patterns and Quilting Block Ideas.
Just because they're a certain shape doesn't mean you can't be creative with your HST quilt block patterns.
- Scrappy Rainbow Star Quilt Block - Such an intricate-looking pattern like a star quilt can be so easy to make.
- Twice Around the Block - Bold prints make this half square triangle quilt a geometric maze of color.
- Two at a Time Hourglass Blocks - Make half square triangle quilts with a charming pattern.
- Candy Pinwheel Quilt Blocks - HSTs can become eye-catching pinwheel quilt patterns in minutes.
- Smooth Sailing Quilt Block - Be imaginative and send your half square triangle quilt block pattern sailing.
- Starry Skyline Block - Make a free quilt block pattern inspired by the modern marvels of your favorite city's skyline.
- Midnight Kaleidoscope Block - Make this trippy pattern with half-square triangles of three different colors.
- Arizona Star Block Pattern - Make star quilts with some state pride when you use this free block pattern.
Take the first step towards some brand new half square triangle quilts.
- Rainbow Diva Quilt - Anyone looking to make a noticeable quilt will want this on their list of half square triangle quilts.
- Strawberry Fields Quilt - Think outside the box with how you use your quilting pieces.
- Simple Stashbusting Half-Square Triangle Quilt - Beginners will love working with HST quilt designs like this.
- Red Diamond HST Pattern - Diamonds are a girl's best friends, and this free quilting pattern uses HST triangles to create a gorgeous bedroom quilt.
- Quick Triangles Baby Quilt - Utilized half-square triangles to make a baby quilt pattern lightning fast.
- Fresh Diamonds Quilt - Hello, shimmer and shine! Make this half-sqaure triangle quilting pattern for your home.
- Echos of Triangles Baby Quilt - Use HST pieces to create a bright and beautiful baby quilt pattern.
- Avalon Scrappy Summer Quilt - Combine old quilting scraps and a summer quilt pattern into one lovely scrappy idea.
Put the home in homemade with the easy quilting projects in DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen.
Add a modern twist to your home decor with your half square triangles.
- Zigzag Ricrac Table Runner - All eyes will be on the playful pattern on this quilted table runner.
- Underwater Stripes Quilted Bag - Use your favorite fabrics to make half square triangles into a super cute quilted bag.
- On Point Frames Quilted Pillow - Lounge in luxury without spending store prices.
- Kaleidoscope Quilt Block Pillow - Learn how to quilt a pillow that uses half-square triangles to make a stunning design for your DIY home decor.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other quilters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 45 Free Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns + New Jelly Roll Quilts
- 28 Modern Quilt Patterns and Modern Quilt Ideas
- 900+ Free Quilting Patterns
- 38 Snuggly Free Rag Quilt Patterns
- 37 Free Log Cabin Quilt Patterns
- 30+ Free Nine Patch Quilt Patterns + Other Nine Patch Designs
- 35 Free Star Quilt Patterns: Free Block Designs and Quilt Ideas
- The Most Charming: 23 Charm Pack Quilt Patterns
- 21 Simple Quilt Patterns: Quilting for Beginners
- "Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs" eBook
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Making Half Square Triangles (Even If You Know How)
- Bean Bag Chair Tutorial
- 23 Depression Era Quilt Patterns and Projects
- Stitched Typography Quilt Tutorial
- Joyful Noise Holiday Wallhanging
- How to Add Magnetic Snaps
- Posies Quilt
- Scottish Flag Thimble Pattern
- Yankee Puzzle Quilt Block
- Rainbow Lighthouse Block Pattern