Pumpkins are the quintessential symbol of fall, from Halloween to Thanksgiving. With our collection of 15 Pumpkin Patterns: Free Tutorials for Fall Quilts, you can feature pumpkins in all of your fall quilts, autumn patterns, and Halloween decorations!
In this collection of pumpkin patterns, free Halloween applique patterns, and fall quilts, you will find patterns for all your autumn quilting needs. Among our Halloween projects, you will find spooky jack-o-lantern patterns and other Halloween sewing projects featuring pumpkins. Our autumn quilt patterns are adorned with plain harvest pumpkins that can easily be embellished for Halloween or Thanksgiving.
Looking for more Halloween projects? Check out our Ultimate Halloween Quilt Guide: 42 Festive Projects.
15 Pumpkin Patterns: Free Tutorials for Fall Quilts
Table of Contents
Pumpkin Quilt Patterns for Halloween
These lap-quilt-sized projects make for quick and easy quilted Halloween decorations that you can use year after year. Use these festive quilts as table toppers, wall hangings, or door decorations.
1. Happy Jack O Lantern Quilt Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3 - This fun jack-o-lantern quilt keeps Halloween more smiley than spooky!
2. Spooky Halloween Applique Quilt (shown) - This simple quilt uses big blocks and Halloween applique patterns to make an adorable Halloween quilt.
3. Jack's Lantern Quilt - Piece together a jack-o-lantern shape and then experiment with different combinations of applique features to make this pumpkin quilt.
4. Spooky Wreath Halloween Quilt - A wreath of evilly grinning jack-o-lanterns make this quilt extra spooky.
Halloween Sewing Patterns
Embellish all your Halloween projects with pumpkin patterns! Make a quilted pumpkin-themed coat for your dog, sew a quilted trick-or-treat bag with a pumpkin fabric panel, or applique any fall sewing project with a jack-o-lantern shape.
1. Reversible Halloween Dog Coat - Keep your pet warm while trick-or-treating with a quilted dog coat. Candy corn and pumpkin appliques make this coat festive!
2. Quilted Drawstring Treat Bag (shown) - Choose a fabric panel printed with a pumpkin for the front of this quilted treat bag.
3. Jack O Lantern Applique Template - Make harvest pumpkin appliques or jack-o-lantern appliques for any fall holiday.
Pumpkin Patterns for Fall Quilts
Harvest pumpkin quilt patterns make beautiful decorations for the entire autumn season. Put these quilts out in September, when pumpkins first start to ripen, and use them to decorate your home through Thanksgiving dinner.
1. Mini Pumpkin Quilt - Embellish this diminutive pumpkin wall hanging with a beaded stem, ric rac vines, and decorative buttons.
2. Pumpkin Table Runner (shown) - Quilt this understated table runner to decorate your dining room, kitchen, or living room for autumn.
3. Autumn Applique Wall Hanging - Fall leaf, acorn, and pumpkin appliques make this skinny wall hanging an attractive autumn decoration.
4. Festive Pumpkin Coasters - Imagine the smiles on your guests' faces when you set out these adorable pumpkin coasters!
Pumpkin Quilt Block Patterns
Build any fall quilt you dream of with these pumpkin patterns; free block patterns make it easy to design your own quilt! Change the background fabrics of any of these blocks to adapt the patterns for different holidays.
1. Paper Pieced Jack O Lantern Quilt Block - If you like the precision of paper piecing, try this jack-o-lantern block template.
2. Crooked Pumpkin Block Pattern - Make a pumpkin block in a liberated, wonky style for a truly unique pumpkin quilt.
3. Easy Pumpkin Quilt Block Pattern (shown) - A snowball piecing technique makes this pumpkin quilt block as easy as can be!
4. Jack O Lantern Paper Piecing Pattern - This paper piecing pattern allows you to give your jack-o-lantern a goofy grin.