"Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns"
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns Free eBook
Quilt for the holiday season with our Christmas quilting eBook full of free Christmas quilt patterns. Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns includes quilted table runner patterns, quilted tree skirts patterns, and free quilted wall hanging patterns in festive colors and fabrics. Decorate your home with handmade quilted decorations this year with all of these free Christmas quilt ideas! Side tables and dinner tables will look lovely with quilted placemats and runners in Christmas fabrics and patterns. Dress up doors, walls, and mantles with Christmas wall hangings. Kick up your Christmas tree a notch with a homemade patchwork tree skirt. Download this free eBook today for access to all these Christmas quilting patterns!
Download your free copy of Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns today!
Table of Contents
Nothing says comfy and cozy during the cold winter months like a handmade quilt! Make your home warm and inviting this holiday season with quilted Christmas decorations like throws, wall quilts, tree skirts, and table runners. Each of the Christmas quilting projects in this eBook brings a bit of holiday cheer from your sewing room to the rest of your house. When you put up your Christmas tree this year, pile gifts on top of a quilted tree skirt for a homemade touch. Decorate tables with quilted Christmas table runners, and drape Christmas throws over sofas and ottomans to keep friends and family snug on chilly December evenings. You will find all of these quilting projects and more among the quilting tutorials we have collected in this eBook. So what are you waiting for? Deck the halls with Christmas quilts this year!
You can find more holiday quilt patterns, applique patterns, and quilting tutorials at www.FaveQuilts.com.
Our eBooks, like all our quilting projects, are absolutely FREE to members of our quilting community. Please feel free to share with family and friends and ask them to sign up at our website for our free e-mail newsletter.
The Editors of FaveQuilts.com
Christmas Table Runners
If you're new to quilting, free patterns for quilt table runners are a great place to start practicing your skills. The smaller size of table topper quilt patterns makes them less intimidating than full-size quilt patterns, and it's fun to display your handiwork around your home when you're finished. Choose from the simple quilted placemats and runners in the Deck the Halls 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns eBook to find an easy project that you can use to decorate your home for Christmas. The Quick and Easy Christmas Table Runner uses a basic patchwork pattern called the disappearing nine-patch. Make just three blocks in this pattern with any of your favorite Christmas quilt fabrics and sew them together to create a casual but festive table runner. You'll find this pattern on page 9 among other free quilted table runner patterns and quilted Christmas decorations.
Children's Christmas Quilts
So much of the joy of Christmas is in a child's experience of the magical holiday! Most of us have fond memories of our own childhood Christmases, and many of us are already making Christmas generations with the next generation of children. As a child, watching the house transform into a Christmas wonderland is part of the excitement of the season. Make this experience extra special for the children in your life by making quilted Christmas decorations especially for them. The Christmas Wishes Applique Quilt, found on page 21, is a whimsical design that is sure to amuse children and adults alike. These Christmas applique designs depict a cozy house with a reindeer outside and an arc of Christmas stars in the sky. Children will love the playful pattern, but quilters will find the patchwork and applique challenging enough to provide hours of quilting entertainment. You will find other children's Christmas quilts in Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns, including a table runner with candy jar appliques and a wall hanging with colorful Christmas theme appliques.
Quilted Tree Skirts Patterns
Give your Christmas tree an extra touch of charm with a quilted tree skirt. The Christmas tree is the most prominent Christmas decoration in your home, so it's the perfect place to display your quilted Christmas decorations during the holiday season. When you make your own Christmas tree skirt, you can choose fabrics and patterns that perfectly match your other decor. Learn how to quilt a Christmas tree skirt with the patterns in Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns. The Spiral Quilted Christmas Tree Skirt on page 14 looks especially luxe with its rich colors and ruffled trim. Although the piecework in this Christmas quilt pattern looks impressive, you can easily learn how to achieve the spiral effect by cutting strip-pieced blocks into wedges and then re-piecing them in a circle. The result is a beautiful handmade tree skirt that will look gorgeous under a well-decorated tree with gifts piled around it. Once you have made the quilted tree skirts patterns in this eBook, you'll never want to take down your tree after Christmas!
Free Quilted Wall Hanging Patterns for Christmas
You can make any Christmas quilt pattern into a decorative wall hanging, but the free quilted wall hanging patterns in this free eBook are especially suited to "decking your halls" for the holidays. In some of these Christmas quilt patterns, quilt panels featuring fun Christmas applique designs add a touch of whimsy to your holiday decorations. This eBook will show you how to make simple Christmas wall hangings by appliqueing center fabric panels with Christmas trees, ornaments, and reindeer. You can make festive wall quilts with patchwork too! This Christmas Wreath Wall Hanging is made using only piecework. You can find the surprisingly simple pattern for this clever wreath on page 32 of Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns. After piecing and assembling the components of the wreath, bind it, and quilt in a pattern that emphasizes the wreath pattern. Embellish the quilt with buttons, beads, and ribbons just like you would a real wreath. The best thing about this quilted wreath is that, unlike a real wreath, you can reuse it and enjoy it year after year. Use this and other free quilted wall hanging patterns to give your walls a cozy bit of holiday cheer for the winter season.
You can easily download and print out each book for on-hand reference while quilting. For help downloading our eBooks, check out the FAQ here: How to Download our eBooks.
Be sure to check out our entire collection of eBooks. You'll find titles such as:
With your free copy of the Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns eBook, you can also subscribe to our newsletter to become part of a helpful and friendly quilting community. In subscribing to the newsletter you will receive:
- Five weekly e-mails with free quilt patterns, tips, collection pages, videos and more.
- Chances to win quilting books and products in giveaways and contests.
- New FREE patterns made available to you throughout the year.
- Access to our free pattern library full of hundreds of free quilt patterns.
- The opportunity to share ideas and help others in the quilting community.
Put your fabric to good use by downloading our latest eBook! You can also subscribe to our Piecing It Together newsletter, and you will receive new free quilt patterns in your e-mail inbox every week! Join the FaveQuilts.com quilting community and gain access to hundreds of free quilt patterns and connect with quilters all over the country. Download this free eBook and check out FaveQuilts.com for tons of quilting inspiration!
Images from other quilters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Spinning and Spiraling Christmas Quilt
- "The Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: 10 Quilt Blocks, Christmas Ornaments to Make, and More" eBook
- A Dotty Christmas Quilt Pattern
- Holiday Circle in a Star Quilt
- Figgy Christmas Quilt
- Christmas Pot Holders
- "Deck the Halls: 8 Free Christmas Quilt Patterns"
- Our Top 18 Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: The Most Festive Quilt Blocks, Decorative Quilt Patterns, and More
- 174 Christmas Quilt Patterns and Projects
- Quilted Panel Gift Bag
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- The Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: 10 Quilt Blocks, Christmas Ornaments to Make, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand from Quilt Display Products
- Quilt Display Products
- Decorating Ideas for Rustic DIY Home Decor
- Colorful Churn Dash Quilt
- Ocean Ripples Table Topper
- Stacked Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern
- Make Your First Quilt: Super Easy Beginner Projects For Sure Success!
- Simple Beginner Quilts: Exciting Projects Take Your Skills to the Next Level!
- Patch Pals Collection: Turn Simple Squares into Adorable Little Quilts!
- Christmas Sparkle: Make Your Home Shine with a Touch of Embellishment!