Urban Country Quilts
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Urban Country Quilts: 15 Projects for the Home
By Jeanne Large and Shelly Wicks
Gifted by Martingale
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Give your home a country charm with a touch of modern flair with Urban Country Quilts: 15 Projects for the Home by Jeanne Large and Shelley Wicks. This collection of quilts includes pattern for simple projects that will help you decorate your home with the earth-tones and floral motifs that make country quilts so beautiful. The quilts Large and Wicks have designed especially for this book aren't complex projects meant to be passed down as heirlooms; they are simple patterns with a country feel that make them easy to use in everyday life.
What gives Urban Country Quilts its rustic appeal is the consistent use of bright floral motifs against muted neutral backgrounds. You'll see this design style throughout the quilt, from the Market Fresh bed quilt, with colorful scraps set against shades of chocolate brown, to the Dancing Daisy Pillow with red daisy appliques on a brown patchwork base. This cohesive aesthetic makes it possible to make several quilts from this book for one home without the pieces looking disparate. Your quilted decor will flow beautifully from room to room if you draw inspiration from the patterns in Urban Country Quilts.
In the collection of Urban Country Quilts, Large and Wicks have included more than just bed quilts and throw quilts. They have also thoughtfully chosen patterns for accent pieces like table toppers, pillowcases, and wall hangings so you can use your quilting to decorate your home in unexpected ways. I especially like the way they have put together sets of quilt projects with the same motifs and colors. For example, you can make the Feelin' Groovy trio of a lap quilt and two matching throw pillows to give a retro style to your living room. Or you can make matching Jack and Jill bed quilts for your daughter's and son's bedrooms. Urban Country Quilts is more than just a collection of quilt patterns with a similar theme; it's a careful plan for decorating your whole home with a quilted country charm.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Westcott Titanium Bonded Rotary Cutter
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser
- Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
- Modern Two-Sided Tree Skirt Pattern
- Inspirational Applique
- Quilt Happy "Sew What" Wine Glass
- Blocks, Borders, Quilts! A Mix-and-Match Workbook for Designing Your Own Quilts
- Total Tote in Vineyard
- Extraordinary Log Cabin Quilts
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Peppermint Mocha Chain Quilt
- Charming 4 Patch Slice Quilt
- Ruby and Pink Baby Quilt
- Kite Flight Rainbow Quilt
- Starry Night Paper Pieced Quilt
- Teeny Granny Square Mini Quilt
- Simplicity Rotary Cutter and Embosser
- Adorable Olaf the Snowman Quilt
- Take Our Quick Survey, Win a FREE Prize!
- 20+ English Paper Piecing Tutorial Projects