Think Positive Quilt Pattern from Esch House Quilts
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Think Positive Quilt Pattern
Designed by Debbie Grifka
Gifted by Esch House Quilts
Reviewed by Molly Fletcher, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Debbie Grifka was only turned on to quilting a few years ago, but judging from her website, she's made up for lost time. Take one look at her stunning selection of quilting patterns, and you'll see what I mean. An avid seamstress who makes her own clothing and home decor, Grifka may seem like your typical DIY fanatic. What sets her apart is her preference for graphic designs like this Think Positive Quilt Pattern. Though quilting is sometimes perceived as a thing of the past, Grifka keeps this process in the present with her modern sensibility and style.
Many of today's quilt designs depend on floral motifs and delicate detailing to create a vintage feel. Grifka likes to make use of bold geometric shapes, unusual fabrics, and asymmetrical block arrangements to keep her projects interesting. Above all, Grifka wants her quilts to make a statement, and with this Think Positive Quilt Pattern, you can make one, too.
This pattern features a simple shape, the plus sign, and lets the vibrant fabrics do the rest of the work. Though the plus blocks look as if they were placed at random, one look at the detailed sheet of instructions will show you that they are, in fact, meticulously arranged. This semi-haphazard design lends itself to what Grifka calls the "graphic impact" of the quilt. If you're looking to make an even bolder statment, use fabric scraps and leftover charm squares to give this quilt even more personality.
Grifka's Think Positive Quilt Pattern can be modified to suit any need. A handy chart on the back of the pamphlet includes measurements for the following sizes: baby, youth, throw, twin, full, queen, and king. Give this quilt to a loved one who needs to be reminded to look on the bright side. Or, if you're in need of a little optimism, hang it in your bedroom or hallway.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Despicable Me Minion Fabric
- Quilt Ruler Kit
- Floral Frenzy Quilt Kit
- Sweet Dreams Boy Wee One Cuddle Kit
- Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
- Baby Bright Quilts
- Chicopee Fabric Collection
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Honey Bun Table Runner Pattern
- Royal Patchwork Quilt Block Pattern
- One Stoplight Town Quilting Pattern
- Jelly Roll iPad Sleeve
- Quarter Circle Quilt Block Pattern
- Forest Paths Mini Quilt
- Improvised Heart Quilt Block
- Cornered Heart Quilt Block
- Zig Zag Path Quilt Block Pattern
- A Dandy Quilt Block