Log Cabins Today
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Log Cabins Today
Edited by Jeanne Stauffer
Gifted by House of White Birches
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Quilters, you will not want to miss out on this awesome quilt pattern book! Log Cabins Today from House of White Birches is a treasure trove of 32 log cabin quilt patterns for every style and occasion. The book outlines seven different log cabin piecing methods, including quilt-as-you-go, paper piecing, and pineapple log cabins. You can then utilize these methods to make one of the 32 different log cabin quilt projects included in the book.
Whether you are a a beginner or an expert quilter, Log Cabins Today is an invaluable book to have in your quilting library. Novice quilters can begin with the basic log cabin block, outlined in Method 1. As your skills progress, you can move on to more complicated methods like pleated log cabin blocks or raggedy log cabin blocks. Once you master a method, explore its potential with all the beautiful quilt designs included in this book. An original quilt design is included with each of the seven log cabin quilting methods, and many more log cabin quilt patterns are provided in the second half of the book.
One of our favorite quilt patterns included in Log Cabins Today is the quilt featured on the cover, Radiant Star. You'd never guess this gorgeous, modern rainbow quilt could be made with simple, paper-pieced log cabin blocks. Other patterns that would be great for all quilters are the cozy Raggedy Log Cabin quilt, the Autumn Hues Quarter Blocks quilt, and the Triangle Beginnings bed runner. Log Cabins Today also provides several smaller home decorating projects, like the Rose Cabin Coasters and the Carved in Stone Placemat. You'll also find plenty of baby quilt projects to make for birthday gifts and baby showers. Some of our favorite, creative log cabin quilt projects are the Lots of Dots Baby Blocks and the Stripes & Dots Baby Bib.
Log Cabins Today gives quilters a plethora of new and unexpected ways to use their favorite quilt block. If you love log cabins, you have to add this book to your collection!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- TrueCut Quilting Tools from GraceFrame
- Rowenta Steam Care Iron Review
- Christmas Patchwork Loves Embroidery Book Review
- Extraordinary Log Cabin Quilts
- Simple Simon Guide to Patchwork Quilting Book Review
- Westcott Titanium Bonded Rotary Cutter
- Kaleidoscope Kreator 3 Software
- Quilting Quickly Best of Fons & Porter
- Quilts of Chestnut Ridge: Autumn at the Courthouse
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ella's Dream Charm Pack Quilt Pattern
- Minnesota Nine Patch Block Tutorial
- Mini Quilt Zip Top Bag
- Kansas Dust Storm Block Pattern
- Modern Wonderland Quilt Pattern
- Christmas Elf Pillow Pattern
- One Day Ombre Baby Quilt Tutorial
- Split Hatchet Paper Piecing Pattern
- Afternoon Tango Baby Quilt Tutorial
- Jolly Pinwheel Quilt Pattern