Log Cabins Today
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Log Cabins Today
Edited by Jeanne Stauffer
Gifted by House of White Birches
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Quilters, you will not want to miss out on this awesome quilt pattern book! Log Cabins Today from House of White Birches is a treasure trove of 32 log cabin quilt patterns for every style and occasion. The book outlines seven different log cabin piecing methods, including quilt-as-you-go, paper piecing, and pineapple log cabins. You can then utilize these methods to make one of the 32 different log cabin quilt projects included in the book.
Whether you are a a beginner or an expert quilter, Log Cabins Today is an invaluable book to have in your quilting library. Novice quilters can begin with the basic log cabin block, outlined in Method 1. As your skills progress, you can move on to more complicated methods like pleated log cabin blocks or raggedy log cabin blocks. Once you master a method, explore its potential with all the beautiful quilt designs included in this book. An original quilt design is included with each of the seven log cabin quilting methods, and many more log cabin quilt patterns are provided in the second half of the book.
One of our favorite quilt patterns included in Log Cabins Today is the quilt featured on the cover, Radiant Star. You'd never guess this gorgeous, modern rainbow quilt could be made with simple, paper-pieced log cabin blocks. Other patterns that would be great for all quilters are the cozy Raggedy Log Cabin quilt, the Autumn Hues Quarter Blocks quilt, and the Triangle Beginnings bed runner. Log Cabins Today also provides several smaller home decorating projects, like the Rose Cabin Coasters and the Carved in Stone Placemat. You'll also find plenty of baby quilt projects to make for birthday gifts and baby showers. Some of our favorite, creative log cabin quilt projects are the Lots of Dots Baby Blocks and the Stripes & Dots Baby Bib.
Log Cabins Today gives quilters a plethora of new and unexpected ways to use their favorite quilt block. If you love log cabins, you have to add this book to your collection!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Despicable Me Minion Fabric
- Floral Frenzy Quilt Kit
- Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
- Baby Bright Quilts
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- Quilt Ruler Kit
- Chicopee Fabric Collection
- Quilt as You Go Pre-Printed Batting
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
- Quilting Happiness
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Honey Bun Table Runner Pattern
- Royal Patchwork Quilt Block Pattern
- One Stoplight Town Quilting Pattern
- Jelly Roll iPad Sleeve
- Quarter Circle Quilt Block Pattern
- Forest Paths Mini Quilt
- Improvised Heart Quilt Block
- Cornered Heart Quilt Block
- Zig Zag Path Quilt Block Pattern
- A Dandy Quilt Block