Havana Fabric Collection
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Havana Fabric Collection
Gifted by Monaluna
Reviewed by Jessica Nichols, Editor of FaveQuilts.com
Havana is a fresh new fabric collection from organic fabric design company Monaluna. The colorful, light-hearted prints are perfect for baby quilts or home decor items. The collection includes classic Monaluna motifs like birds and retro vehicles but also draws inspiration from Havana. The line ranges in color from a cheery grapefruit pink to a tropical aqua with shades of yellow and green in between.
The most basic prints of the Havana collection are two simple fabrics with darker backgrounds covered in lighter-colored, uneven cross-hatching that Monaluna calls "weave." Indeed, the sort of rustic print gives you the impression of loosely woven linen or hats woven from straw. The weave print comes in both green and pink. Another simple print in the collection, a grid of half-square triangles all facing the same direction, makes a great background fabric. The print comes in either green or pink, set against a white background.
The busier prints in the Havana collection include two fresh, white fabrics covered in circles of cross-hatched color. The cooler of the two has yellow, gray, blue, navy, and green dots, while the warmer works from a palette of pink, gray, green, and yellow. Monaluna calls this print "gum drops" for its colorful polka dots. Another pair of pink and blue prints each feature a grid of buttons, making them a whimsical choice for sewing garments. The larger prints feature familiar Monaluna themes, like old-fashioned cars and bicycles colored in all different shades, or brightly-colored scooters set against saturated blue and lime green backgrounds. Contrasting with the vehicles and transportation seen in some prints, other prints focus on more natural themes like colorful, clean-lined birds and exuberant flowers filled in with bright cross-hatching.
If you've already got your mind on spring sewing projects, now is the time to get your hands on the Havana line from Monaluna! This collection of 100% organic cotton fabrics has a bright, cheerful feeling that's perfect for welcoming warmer months come springtime.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Downton Abbey Fat Quarter Bundles
- Sweetheart Houses Pattern from Shabby Fabrics
- Quilts From Grandmother's Garden: A Fresh Look at English Paper Piecing
- Quilt Show Board Game
- Chicopee Fabric Collection
- 10-Minute Blocks by Suzanne McNeill
- 50 States Quilt Blocks
- You Hexie Thing Hexagon Ruler from June Tailor
- 50 Any-Size Travel Blocks
- Easy and Fun Free-Motion Quilting
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 14 Easy Baby Quilt Patterns for Boys and Girls
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Super String Quilts: 13 Paper Piecing and Scrap Quilt Patterns
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Booky Strip Quilt Pattern
- Memory T-Shirt Quilt Patterns
- Caravan Pot Holder Pattern
- Pinwheel Quilted Table Runner
- Summer Popsicle Table Runner Pattern
- Andover Fabrics
- Speedy Charm Pack Baby Quilt Pattern
- Printable Quilted Bag Pattern
- Around the World Free Applique Designs
- Wearable Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern