American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
23 Fantastic Free Quilt Block Patterns
By: Jessica Nichols, Editor, FaveQuilts.com
We are adding the pattern to your Quilt Basket.
The pattern was added to your Quilt Basket.
Quilt blocks are the foundation for most quilt patterns; once you have experience sewing quilting blocks, you have the skills to make a whole quilt top! Try out some of these 23 Fantastic Free Quilt Block Patterns to sharpen your piecework skills. Not only can easy quilt block patterns help you to tackle new quilting skills, they can also give you the tools to design your own quilt patterns. With the free quilt block patterns we've collected here, you'll be able to create a huge variety of quilt patterns. Use just one of these quilt block ideas to make a whole quilt with the same pattern repeated in each block, or combine several quilt block designs to create an interesting new pattern.
23 Fantastic Free Quilt Block Patterns
Table of Contents
Start working on your next pattern in no time with these easy quilt blocks.
- Easy Log Cabin Quilt Block - Learn how to make a classic log cabin quilt block.
- Rectangular Brick Block - Break away from squares and try rectangles in this brick block.
- Feminine Pink and Green Quilt Block - Square in a square quilt blocks are a nice choice for a simpler design.
- Dutch Pinwheel - Intricate-looking quilt block patterns don't have to be difficult. This delicate pinwheel design is adorable.
- Kaleidoscope Quilt Block - The octagonal pinwheel design on this quilt block is such a cinch to put together.
Searching for even more quilt block patterns? No problem. Try one of our 8 of Our Favorite Quilt Block Patterns + 20 Top Patterns!
Nine patch quilt block patterns are so simple to make.
- Curved Nine Patch Quilt Block - Practice your curved piecing on this attractive and sunny quilt block.
- Disappearing 16 Patch Block - Create a diamond pattern using a variation on a traditional nine patch quilt block.
- Brady Bunch Inspired Nine Patch Block - Make an unforgettable TV-inspired quilt block.
- Magician's Disappearing 9 Patch - This quilt block is such a basic disappearing nine patch.
There's no better way to reuse old fabrics than with scrappy quilt blocks.
- Stacks & Stacks of Scraps Quilt Block - Empty your fabric scraps stash and create a totally original block.
- Sands of Time Quilt Block - Push the envelope with this scraptastic quilt block.
- Staggered Strips Scrap Quilt Blocks - Start practicing your strip quilting with this tutorial.
- Quilt As You Go Quilt Block - This diagonol quilt block is an awesome scrapbuster to use up old scraps.
- Wonky Stripe Quilt Block - If you're looking to make something funky, try this wonky quilt block pattern.
Star quilt blocks are the creme de la creme of quilt block ideas. You'll definitely love these!
- Star Flower Quilt Block - This pretty star block is one of our readers' favorites!
- Aunt Eliza's Star - This star block is similar to an Ohio star.
- 3D Stunning Star Block - Improve your quilt's depth with a 3D-style quilt block.
- Summer Star Quilt Block - This modern block uses squares instead of triangles to make a star.
Any pattern will be special with one of these amazing designs.
- Alice Brooks Butterfly Block - Hearts will flutter at the sight of this beautiful butterfly block.
- Swirling Dresden Block - Try this variation on a Dresden plate pattern, in quilt block form.
- Liberated Wedding Ring Block - Give your vintage quilt pattern a modern twist.
- Flower Power Quilt Block - This quilt block will bring the beauty of nature into your home 365 days of the year.
- Crazy Quilt Block - Crazy quilting is so much fun. We love the "quilt as you go" technique.
Need more quilt block ideas? Dowload our free eBook, American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana!
Tags / Related Topics
Images from other quilters
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Magician's Disappearing 9 Patch
- Bloomin' Quilt As You Go Block
- Disappearing 16 Patch Block
- Reverse Magic Nine Patch
- Peek-a-Boo Block
- Out of This World Star Quilt Block
- Scrapbuster Rail Fence Quilt Block
- Summer Star Quilt Block
- Crazy Nine Patch
- "Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home" eBook
- 12 Awesome Free Quilt Patterns and Small Quilted Projects
- 17 Quilting Tutorials: Quilting for Beginners and Top Tips for How to Quilt
- American Quilting Traditions: 11 Free Quilt Designs, Quilt Blocks, and More Americana
- DIY Home Decor: How to Make Placemats and Other Easy Sewing Projects for a Country Kitchen
- Easy Quilt Patterns: 11 Applique Quilt Patterns + Quick Quilts
- How to Make a Jelly Roll Quilt: 9 Jelly Roll Quilt Patterns
- How to Quilt a Bag With Style: 7 Free Bag Patterns and Purse Patterns
- Patterns for Quilting: 8 Free Quilt Block Patterns to Make a Quilt for Your Home
- Spectacular Quilt Star Patterns: How to Make a Quilt with 8 Star Quilt Block Patterns and Quilted Star Designs
- The Best Free Quilt Patterns for Christmas: 10 Quilt Blocks, Christmas Ornaments to Make, and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Shaker Style Quilt Stand from Quilt Display Products
- Quilt Display Products
- Decorating Ideas for Rustic DIY Home Decor
- Colorful Churn Dash Quilt
- Ocean Ripples Table Topper
- Stacked Jelly Roll Quilt Pattern
- Make Your First Quilt: Super Easy Beginner Projects For Sure Success!
- Simple Beginner Quilts: Exciting Projects Take Your Skills to the Next Level!
- Patch Pals Collection: Turn Simple Squares into Adorable Little Quilts!
- Christmas Sparkle: Make Your Home Shine with a Touch of Embellishment!